One of the services at the core of GPTEC’s mission is to provide technical assistance to its tribal and other partners, to the extent that we are able, within key areas of public health practice.
‘Technical assistance’ (TA) encompasses a professional relationship between GPTEC and the individual/program/organization requesting the assistance in which GPTEC will work to understand and respond to the needs of those making the request.
In this way, it is important to note that technical assistance will necessarily involve a commitment on the part of both GPTEC staff (most frequently in terms of time) and the individual/program/organization making the request.
GPTEC can offer a variety of different kinds of technical assistance in accordance with our core functions, including (but not necessarily limited to):
- Providing training;
- Reviewing and providing feedback on products, protocols, or other documents;
- Providing input on or collaborating surrounding project activities;
- Completing certain related tasks;
- Connection to subject-matter experts;
- Connection to (or preparation of) resources, tools, and/or best practices;
- Meeting facilitation;
- Providing access to related data;
- Program/product development or support;
- Other activities, as feasible.
The exact nature of the technical assistance provided will depend in turn upon the nature of the request, and will be worked out between GPTEC staff and the individual/program/organization making the request.
If you are interested in requesting technical assistance from GPTEC, please fill out the TA Request Form. GPTEC staff will be in touch after receiving your request to discuss it and next steps.