Site visit will include tribal health leadership and program staff, members of the GPTEC team, leadership and staff from each state health department, and partners from the Great Plains Area IHS and the CDC.
Topics for discussion include:
- Tribal, GPTEC, state, and federal programmatic updates;
- A discussion of shared priorities and needs, and how they can be addressed;
- Injury mortality and prevention;
- Maternal substance use during pregnancy;
- Response to infectious disease outbreaks and other public health emergencies;
- Guidance on the development of state cancer plans (in collaboration with GPTCHB’s Community Health Department);
- and other topics of interest.
Site visits are scheduled for 7:30am to 5:00pm on Monday, June 19 (Fort Pierre, SD – AmericInn) and Wednesday, June 21 (Bismarck, ND – Ramkota).